Keeping up with PubMed- On Demand Online
Nov 14, 2017 to Jan 31, 2018
With a hands-on approach, this class will show attendees how to use the features of PubMed effectively. Attendees will be able to describe the contents of PubMed; formulate basic search strategies; display, print, and save results in various formats; revise and refine searches; and use special features such as Related Articles, Link to journals, Citation Matcher, and Clinical Queries.
This is an on-demand class, so it is at your on pace to complete it.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand how PubMed constructs a query.
- Develop and refine search strategies using components of PubMed's Features Bar.
- Use Links (including LinkOut) to move to internal and external resources.
- Build controlled vocabulary searches using PubMed's MeSH browser.
- Use the MyNCBI feature to personalize PubMed and store searches.
- Use the other tools on PubMed's Sidebar, including the Journals Database, Single Citation Matcher and Clinical Queries.
Ashley Cuffia, MLS, AHIP - NNLM SEA Consumer Health Coordinator