Introduction to Mindfulness: Nourishing Ourselves in These Times
In light of the COVID crisis, this Zoom presentation blends learning, participant sharing and brief practices: straw breathing, gentle stretching, guided meditation, silent sit and gratitude. Emphasis is on strengthening our collective immune system and our responsibility (response+ability) to sharpen self-regulation skills in service to the Greater Good.
Facilitator: Madeleine Charney is a Research Services Librarian at UMass Amherst. She is co-editor of Recipes for Mindfulness in Your Library: Supporting Resilience and Community Engagement (ALA, 2019) and works passionately to support healthy climate-soil-people-food.
Note: Due to high demand, we are accepting up to 700 registrations for this event, but only the first 500 viewers will be able to attend live. The webinar room will open about 15 minutes before the start of the event, and we recommend you arrive early. Everyone who registers will receive an email with a link to the recording within two weeks following the webinar.
May 27, 2020
The Kernel of Knowledge is an expert-speaker webinar series from the Greater Midwest Region which provides one-hour sessions on topics of interest to Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) members throughout the year. Sessions are scheduled on an ongoing basis, check back often for upcoming presentations! All Kernel of Knowledge sessions are eligible for 1.0 contact hour of Medical Library Association continuing education credit.
To register for classes or special events, first you must create an NNLM user account.
How to register for an NNLM class or event:
- After you have successfully created an account, come back to nnlm.gov.
- Click the green “Log in” button - it is located at the bottom of every page on our website.
- Enter your username and password, and “Log in”.
- On the class or event page, click the green “Save Registration” button.
That’s it! You are now registered for this event.
For visual learners, NNLM offers a brief video tutorial(link is external) on creating an NNLM user account.
Thank you for taking the time to create an account with us! You may be asking yourself, why do I need an account for this one-time event?
- The Network of the National Library of Medicine is committed to protecting the privacy of its users. To that end, we ask that all registrants create an account so that we may collect your data securely. In addition, creating a user account offers the benefit of one-click registration for future classes and events!
- If your organization is an NNLM Member, you can also use your account to easily update your Organization’s information in our Members directory!
Not a Member? Take a moment to consider submitting an application. Member benefits include:
- Eligibility for funding
- Free training opportunities
- Access to free educational and print materials
- Opportunities for partnership