HESPA II 2020 Curricular Mapping for Advancing Health Education Specialist Professionals Webinar
To receive CHES credit from viewing the recording of this course register for the on-demand version.
The New HESPA II 2020 Curricular Mapping for Advancing Health Education Specialist (HESPA) Professionals Webinar, is a one hour webinar for any public health professional who would like to learn how to map Health Education curriculum to the new HESPA II 2020 competencies.
1. Describe the steps in conducting a complete HESPA II 2020 curriculum mapping process
2. Identify the need for curricular mapping using HESPA II 2020 Competencies and Sub-competencies to create curricular improvements and changes
3. Discuss the importance of the HESPA II 2020 model for professional preparation and practice
4. Discuss the steps involved with health department activities relating to the HESPA II 2020 Competencies
Carolyn Rodgers, PhD, MHS, MPH, MCHES®, Governors State University
Cynthia Karlsson, MPH, MS, CHES®, Washington State Department of Health
Anna Torrens Armstrong, PhD, MPH, CPH, MCHES®, University of South Florida
Sponsored by The National Network of Libraries of Medicine- Middle Atlantic Region, a designated provider of contact hours (CECH) in health education credentialing by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc., this program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 1 total Category I contact education contact hour. Advanced level continuing education hours are 1.
There is no MLA CE for this webinar.
Oct 8, 2020
12:00PM - 1:00PM ET
NNLM MAR collaborates with Network members, advisory groups and partner organizations to sponsor symposia or professional development activities that address current trends in the healthcare landscape and their impact on information access.
To register for classes or special events, first you must create an NNLM user account.
How to register for an NNLM class or event:
- After you have successfully created an account, come back to nnlm.gov.
- Click the green “Log in” button - it is located at the bottom of every page on our website.
- Enter your username and password, and “Log in”.
- On the class or event page, click the green “Save Registration” button.
That’s it! You are now registered for this event.
For visual learners, NNLM offers a brief video tutorial on creating an NNLM user account.
Thank you for taking the time to create an account with us! You may be asking yourself, why do I need an account for this one-time event?
- The Network of the National Library of Medicine is committed to protecting the privacy of its users. To that end, we ask that all registrants create an account so that we may collect your data securely. In addition, creating a user account offers the benefit of one-click registration for future classes and events!
- If your organization is an NNLM Member, you can also use your account to easily update your Organization’s information in our Members directory!
Not a Member? Take a moment to consider submitting an application. Member benefits include:
- Eligibility for funding
- Free training opportunities
- Access to free educational and print materials
- Opportunities for partnership
Please feel free to send any questions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.