Healthy Aging at Your Library: Connecting Older Adults to Health Information
To Join the Meeting
1. Go to https://nih.webex.com/.
2. Enter the session number: 621 699 967 and password: aging
3. Please provide your name and email address.
4. You may need to read the notice regarding toll-free numbers and click Accept.
5. You may have to download and install a web add-on or run a temporary application depending on the browser you use.
6. Select your audio connection preference:
*Call using computer - Adjust settings and test the connection
*Call from WebEx - Enter your direct phone number and press 1 when prompted
*Call in - Call: 1-650-479-3208 (US/Canada Toll-number)
Enter access code: 621 699 967 #
Enter the Attendee ID on your screen and press #
7. If you are using a mobile device, your access code is: aging
For live captioning, please use http://livewrite-ncc.appspot.com/attend?event=citwebex.
For any technical issues, please contact us at 817-735-2223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
No registration is required for this class.
Feb 22, 2018
10:00AM - 12:00PM CT
This "train the trainer" class is designed to help librarians assist their older adult patrons find health information. Discover techniques for teaching older adults to use computers and to find health information on the Internet, learn what makes a website senior-friendly; plan library programs on senior health topics; and find out about some recommended health websites for older adults.
- Learn about the reasons it is important to better assist their older patrons
- Be able to evaluate health information resources based on usability issues that affect older adults
- Learn and practice techniques for teaching older adults to look for health information on the Internet
- Be able to research health information for older adults on online resources from the National Institutes of Health and other recommended websites
Upon successful completion of this class, each participant will receive 2, 3, or 4 hours of continuing education credit awarded by the Medical Library Association. Certificates will be delivered through the mail at a later date.
Brian Leaf, Emerging Technologies Coordinator, NNLM South Central Region.
Karen Vargas, Evaluation Specialist, NNLM Outreach Evaluation Resource Center.