Healthy Aging: Connecting Older Adults to Health Information
To Join the Meeting
1. Go to https://nih.webex.com/.
2. Enter the session number: 621 699 967 and password: aging
3. Please provide your name and email address.
4. You may need to read the notice regarding toll-free numbers and click Accept.
5. You may have to download and install a web add-on or run a temporary application depending on the browser you use.
6. Select your audio connection preference:
*Call using computer - Adjust settings and test the connection
*Call from WebEx - Enter your direct phone number and press 1 when prompted
*Call in - Call: 1-650-479-3208 (US/Canada Toll-number)
Enter access code: 621 699 967 #
Enter the Attendee ID on your screen and press #
7. If you are using a mobile device, your access code is: aging
For live captioning, please use http://livewrite-ncc.appspot.com/attend?event=citwebex.
For any technical issues, please contact us at 817-735-2223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
No registration is required for this class.
Feb 22, 2018
10:00AM - 12:00PM CT
This "train the trainer" class is designed to help library staff assist their older adult patrons find health information. Discover techniques for helping older adults find health information on the Internet, learn what makes a website older adult friendly; plan library programs on health topics; and explore some recommended health websites for older adults.
- Learn about the health literacy skills and information seeking behavior of older adults.
- Evaluate health information resources based on usability issues that affect older adults.
- Increase skills in database searching for common older adult health issues.
- Utilize data to understand the health status of the library's service area.