Finding Clinically-Relevant Genetic Information
The purpose of this NNLM Resource Picks presentation is to introduce participants to resources for finding clinically-relevant genetic information. This live session will include an overview and search demonstrations of three NCBI Clinical databases:
1. Explain the validity of clinical variation information in the ClinVar database.
2. Locate information about a genetic condition related to a specific list of symptoms using MedGen.
3. Locate tests for a clinical feature, gene or disease using the Genetic Testing Registry.
Presenter: Peter Cooper, NCBI Staff Scientist.
Webinar Date: Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Time: 3:00pm, Eastern Standard Time
Sep 25, 2019
3:00PM - 4:00PM ET
NNLM Resource Picks is a collaborative, bimonthly, webcast series featuring the National Library of Medicine resources to increase awareness of these resources as well as encourage their integration by libraries and other organizations to more fully serve their colleagues and communities. The Regional Medical Libraries (RMLs) of the Network of the National Library of Medicine are combining efforts to feature resource experts from NLM for this national webinar series. Each session includes objectives, participation of attendees through questions and opportunities to dialog, and evaluation following the presentation. All sessions are presented as online webcasts using WebEx allowing for live phone conversation and online chat. All sessions are recorded with closed captioning and archived.
(1 MLA CE offered per session)
Participants will be able to:
- Recognize featured NLM resource.
- Know how to locate the specific resource featured.
- Explain to others when to use the featured resource.