Filling Your Cup During COVID: Self-Care Practices in Librarianship
Description: This presentation is an overview of techniques to help you navigate change, grief, and loss during these unique and challenging times in librarianship. This discussion focuses on practices designed to care for the body, mind, and social wellbeing including mindful time for breathing, stretching, and hydrating as well as journaling, supporting positive self-narratives, creating expressions of gratitude or joy, and finding new comfort zones and communities.
Guest Speaker Sam Helmick is the Community & Access Services Coordinator at the Iowa City Public Library. They serve as ALA Councilor for the Iowa Chapter and on the Iowa Governor’s Commission of Libraries. Sam is the chair-elect for the ALA Intellectual Freedom Roundtable and sits on the ALA Policy Monitoring & Stonewall Book Award Committees.
Jan 26, 2021
1:00PM - 2:00PM CT
The Kernel of Knowledge is an expert-speaker webinar series from the Greater Midwest Region which provides one-hour sessions on topics of interest to Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) members throughout the year. Sessions are scheduled on an ongoing basis, check back often for upcoming presentations! All Kernel of Knowledge sessions are eligible for 1.0 contact hour of Medical Library Association continuing education credit.
To register for classes or special events, first you must create an NNLM user account.
How to register for an NNLM class or event:
- After you have successfully created an account, come back to nnlm.gov.
- Click the green “Log in” button - it is located at the bottom of every page on our website.
- Enter your username and password, and “Log in”.
- On the class or event page, click the green “Save Registration” button.
That’s it! You are now registered for this event.
For visual learners, NNLM offers a brief video tutorial(link is external) on creating an NNLM user account.
Thank you for taking the time to create an account with us! You may be asking yourself, why do I need an account for this one-time event?
- The Network of the National Library of Medicine is committed to protecting the privacy of its users. To that end, we ask that all registrants create an account so that we may collect your data securely. In addition, creating a user account offers the benefit of one-click registration for future classes and events!
- If your organization is an NNLM Member, you can also use your account to easily update your Organization’s information in our Members directory!
Not a Member? Take a moment to consider submitting an application. Member benefits include:
- Eligibility for funding
- Free training opportunities
- Access to free educational and print materials
- Opportunities for partnership