Feeding the Whole Child: Full minds and full bellies, all free at the library
What does it take to get your library or non-profit involved in the Federal Summer Food Service Program and other food insecurity efforts? What are some strategies to help ensure the success of your program, and how can you get your community engaged? Get answers to these questions and more answers to questions of your own in this informative and interactive session.
Kate McCartney (Marysville Public Library) Kate McCartney is the Assistant Director at the Marysville Public Library, where she'd served as the Youth Services Manager for 11 years. She has been involved in summer lunch service for going on five years. She loves talking about feeding kids and sharing her favorite books.
Shane Hoffman (Plain City Public Library) Shane Hoffman is the Technology Services Manager at the Plain City Public Library. He enjoys travelling around Ohio to speak on the intersection of Libraries and food insecurity solutions with Kate and the other members of Team Vittles.
Aug 20, 2019
The Kernel of Knowledge is an expert-speaker webinar series from the Greater Midwest Region which provides one-hour sessions on topics of interest to Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) members throughout the year. Sessions are scheduled on an ongoing basis, check back often for upcoming presentations! All Kernel of Knowledge sessions are eligible for 1.0 contact hour of Medical Library Association continuing education credit.
To register for classes or special events, first you must create an NNLM user account.
How to register for an NNLM class or event:
- After you have successfully created an account, come back to nnlm.gov.
- Click the green “Log in” button - it is located at the bottom of every page on our website.
- Enter your username and password, and “Log in”.
- On the class or event page, click the green “Save Registration” button.
That’s it! You are now registered for this event.
For visual learners, NNLM offers a brief video tutorial(link is external) on creating an NNLM user account.
Thank you for taking the time to create an account with us! You may be asking yourself, why do I need an account for this one-time event?
- The Network of the National Library of Medicine is committed to protecting the privacy of its users. To that end, we ask that all registrants create an account so that we may collect your data securely. In addition, creating a user account offers the benefit of one-click registration for future classes and events!
- If your organization is an NNLM Member, you can also use your account to easily update your Organization’s information in our Members directory!
Not a Member? Take a moment to consider submitting an application. Member benefits include:
- Eligibility for funding
- Free training opportunities
- Access to free educational and print materials
- Opportunities for partnership