EvalBasics 3: Data Collection for Program Evaluation
Starts September 1, 2018!
This class is an on-demand online offering. Here's how to enroll:
- You will need to get an NNLM account if you don't already have one.
- Register below for the class, and we will send you a confirmation email with an enrollment key.
- Click on the class link below for "EvalBasics 3: Data Collection for Program Evaluation - On Demand," and enter the enrollment key from the email.
- You will now be able to work on the class at your own pace.
Class length: one hour
Good data collection tools follow three key principles. They aim to decrease perceived risk, increase perceived benefit, and decrease cost to respondents. This class shows you how to apply these principles in developing questionnaires and interviews. You also will learn that clear evaluation questions are the foundation of evaluation method design. They lay the groundwork for creating tools that collect the information you can use to develop, conduct, assess, and demonstrate the value of your projects.
Participants will learn how to:
- Design data collection methods to match their program plans
- Develop quality items for questionnaires
- Questionnaire distribution methods to increase response rates
- Develop interview question guides
- Conduct interviews that will elicit useful information
- Mix qualitative and quantitative methods in program evaluation