EvalBasics 1: Community Assessment
- You will need to get an NNLM account if you don't already have one.
- Register below for the class, and we will send you a confirmation email with an enrollment key.
- Click on the class link below for "EvalBasics 1: Community Assessment - On Demand," and enter the enrollment key from the email.
- You will now be able to work on the class at your own pace.
Class length: one hour
Community assessment is the essential fact-finding phase of program development. You form a picture of a target community or user group in order to develop beneficial programs and services for it. But community assessment, particularly for outreach programs, can be so much more than an evaluation activity. It provides opportunities to meet leaders who provide entry into the community, initiate relationships with potential collaborators, and express your interest in the lives of the people you want to serve. In this class, participants will learn a four-step process for conducting community assessment that includes data collection, interpretation, and use. The relationship-building potential of each step will be discussed. This class is an on-demand online offering.
At the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Describe a three-step process for conducting a community assessment for program development.
- Identify methods for data collection and interpretation that are particularly suitable for community assessment.
- Use the community assessment process to initiate key relationships within the target community
- Apply community assessment findings in SWOT analysis