Celebrate Native American Heritage Month: What's New Since 1492?
Join us in observing Native American Heritage Month with a presentation by Eugene Fracek, member of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe in South Dakota and a cultural ambassador who teaches people of all ages about American Indian Tribes. Eugene Fracek served as the Director of Indian Education for the South Dakota Department of Education for a decade, followed by two decades of employment in the Des Moines Public School system, where he retired as a elementary school principle in 2011. Since retirement, Mr. Fracek teaches at Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa and as an American Indian storyteller for CultureAll. In this one-hour webinar, Mr. Fracek will present an overview and perspective of the history, cultural values and behaviors, and legal issues impacting American Indian Tribes and members of those Tribes.
Nov 20, 2019
1:00PM - 2:00PM CT
The Kernel of Knowledge is an expert-speaker webinar series from the Greater Midwest Region which provides one-hour sessions on topics of interest to Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) members throughout the year. Sessions are scheduled on an ongoing basis, check back often for upcoming presentations! All Kernel of Knowledge sessions are eligible for 1.0 contact hour of Medical Library Association continuing education credit.
To register for classes or special events, first you must create an NNLM user account.
How to register for an NNLM class or event:
- After you have successfully created an account, come back to nnlm.gov.
- Click the green “Log in” button - it is located at the bottom of every page on our website.
- Enter your username and password, and “Log in”.
- On the class or event page, click the green “Save Registration” button.
That’s it! You are now registered for this event.
For visual learners, NNLM offers a brief video tutorial(link is external) on creating an NNLM user account.
Thank you for taking the time to create an account with us! You may be asking yourself, why do I need an account for this one-time event?
- The Network of the National Library of Medicine is committed to protecting the privacy of its users. To that end, we ask that all registrants create an account so that we may collect your data securely. In addition, creating a user account offers the benefit of one-click registration for future classes and events!
- If your organization is an NNLM Member, you can also use your account to easily update your Organization’s information in our Members directory!
Not a Member? Take a moment to consider submitting an application. Member benefits include:
- Eligibility for funding
- Free training opportunities
- Access to free educational and print materials
- Opportunities for partnership