Are You Ready? Essential Disaster Health Information Resources for Keeping Your Loved Ones Safe
Mar 16, 2018
1:00PM - 2:00PM ET
This class covers NLM disaster health information and other emergency preparedness resources for community educators, families, friends and caregivers. Resources for special populations and those with special needs are highlighted. Audience: consumers, public and consumer health librarians, pre- hospital responders, health care professionals, first-responders, or disaster preparedness administrators.
Participants will be able to:
- Locate disaster and emergency preparedness information for consumers/public
- Locate disaster and emergency preparedness for special populations
- Locate disaster and emergency preparedness for those with disabilities
- Locate disaster and emergency preparedness mobile Apps for consumers/public
- Upon successful completion of this class, each participant will receive 1 hour of continuing education credit awarded by the Medical Library Association. Certificates will be emailed to participants after the evaluations is completed: MLA Course Listing
- This course qualifies for Medical Library Association, Consumer Health Information Specialization Levels 1 and 2.
- This courses qualifies for Medical Library Association, Disaster Information Specialization –Advanced.
Author: Michelle Burda, Educational and Health Literacy Coordinator, National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Middle Atlantic Region