Applying for NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Award
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Middle Atlantic Region (NNLM MAR) is pleased to announce the availability of funding through NLM’s partnership with the NIH All of Us Research Program, part of the Precision Medicine Initiative. Through this collaboration, NNLM’s Regional Medical Libraries and National Offices will focus on raising awareness about All of Us and improving public access to high quality health information in communities throughout the United States, specifically by working with public libraries.
The purpose of the NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Award is to fund public library programming to increase awareness of and education on health topics incorporating National Library of Medicine and/or NNLM health information resources (e.g., MedlinePlus, Genetics Home Reference), with a particular focus on the public health priorities of their community and programs for underserved populations. Projects under this award should broaden access to and awareness of health information resources, aim to increase health literacy for the general public in their service community, and raise awareness of the All of Us Research Program.
The call for applications is listed on MAR's funding page. Applications are due November 9 (for projects between $20,000 and $50,000) and November 16 (for projects up to $19,000). If funded, all projects must be completed by April 30, 2019.
The webinar will include a presentation of background information about the NNLM partnership with the All of Us Research Program, information about the NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Network, and opportunities for involvement. There will also be space to ask questions about the program, funding, and potential health programming ideas.
Due to award eligibility, this webinar is only open to NNLM members in PA, NY, NJ and DE.
Oct 18, 2018
10:00AM - 11:00AM ET
NNLM MAR collaborates with Network members, advisory groups and partner organizations to sponsor symposia or professional development activities that address current trends in the healthcare landscape and their impact on information access.
To register for classes or special events, first you must create an NNLM user account.
How to register for an NNLM class or event:
- After you have successfully created an account, come back to nnlm.gov.
- Click the green “Log in” button - it is located at the bottom of every page on our website.
- Enter your username and password, and “Log in”.
- On the class or event page, click the green “Save Registration” button.
That’s it! You are now registered for this event.
For visual learners, NNLM offers a brief video tutorial on creating an NNLM user account.
Thank you for taking the time to create an account with us! You may be asking yourself, why do I need an account for this one-time event?
- The National Network of Libraries of Medicine is committed to protecting the privacy of its users. To that end, we ask that all registrants create an account so that we may collect your data securely. In addition, creating a user account offers the benefit of one-click registration for future classes and events!
- If your organization is an NNLM Member, you can also use your account to easily update your Organization’s information in our Members directory!
Not a Member? Take a moment to consider submitting an application. Member benefits include:
- Eligibility for funding
- Free training opportunities
- Access to free educational and print materials
- Opportunities for partnership
Please feel free to send any questions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.