PubMed Tips for Expert Searchers
This 2-hour webinar covers advanced concepts for effective searching via PubMed. This course is intended for those with at least an intermediate knowledge of PubMed and MeSH.
- Explain the content of the PubMed database (MEDLINE, PMC, Bookshelf) and how this relates to MeSH indexing.
- Locate and identify the available fields in the Advanced Search Builder
- Explain how to build a search using the Advanced Search builder
- Locate and use MEDLINE Resources Guide to assist with field searching
- Construct a search strategy to narrow results to human-related studies
- Identify useful subheadings
- Employ free-floated subheadings in a search
- Employ pharmacological actions to include drug groups in your search.
The Objectives for this class were identified with input from the Ohio Health Sciences Library Association (OHSLA).