Achieving Transformation: Leveraging Culture and Visible Improvement to Enhance Care and Experience for Patients and Personnel
Watch the recording at the link below.
Guest Speaker: Allan Frankel, MD, and Maleek Jamal, PhD, Safe and Reliable Healthcare
Description: Dr. Allan Frankel and Dr. Maleek Jamal of Safe & Reliable Healthcare will engage attendees with:
1. A published and proven framework to achieve Cultural Transformation, co-developed with Institute of Healthcare Improvement [IHI]
2. Methods and tools to effectively measure culture, enabling direct data linkages to outcomes like readmissions, CLABSIs, HCAHPS.
3. Easy-to-implement strategies to reduce burnout, and engage frontline teams in ongoing improvement work at the unit level. Includes best practice insights from Mayo Clinic, NYU, and the Military Health System.
This session is eligible for 1 hour of Continuing Education credit from the Medical Library Association and will be recorded for future viewing. No registration is required.
For additional details and login information please visit: https://nnlm.gov/scr/training/patient-safety-series
Aug 21, 2018
1:00PM - 2:00PM CT
This webinar series from the NNLM South Central Region, co-sponsored by SaferCare Texas (formerly the UNTHSC Institute for Patient Safety), features expert guest speakers presenting on topics related to the field of patient safety and health care quality. Through this series, we hope to empower health care professionals, patients, and health information professionals to support the elimination of preventable harm and achieve the highest quality in health care possible. Sessions will be scheduled periodically and topics chosen based on current trends in patient care. Possible topics include patient safety research, quality improvement, opioid abuse, precision medicine, and ambulatory care.
Sessions will be eligible for 1 hour of Continuing Education credit from the Medical Library Association and will be archived for future viewing.
Upon completion of each webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Demonstrate deeper understanding of patient safety and related topics presented by experts from various health-related fields.
- Describe current trends affecting improvement of healthcare and patient safety.
- Evaluate new strategies and technologies and how to apply new knowledge to their own practice.