5 Clinical Questions you can answer with NCBI databases (GTR, ClinVar, MedGen)
In this webinar, you will learn about the NCBI databases GTR, ClinVar, and MedGen and how to use them to answer the following questions:
1. How do I locate tests for a clinical feature, gene or disease?
2. How do I locate records for a specified list of symptoms, clinical features (e.g., aortic aneurysm)?
3. How do I find specific disease-causing variants?
4. How can I get information about the review status of an assertion of clinical significance for a genetic variant in relation to a disease?
5. What are the differences between the NCBI medical genetics databases regarding searching for phenotypes / clinical features?
A basic familiarity with genetics vocabulary will be helpful in understanding this Webinar. For a review, see The New Genetics, an educational booklet by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS).
Presented by Peter Cooper & Bonnie Maidak, PhD, NCBI Staff Scientists
Sep 20, 2017
1:00PM - 2:00PM ET
This series of webinars and an asynchronous course will introduce you to different topics and NCBI tools you can use in your library to support bioinformatics education and discovery.