CEN - CoP About
Consumer Health Community of Practice – We are stronger together
This pilot community has been created with two stated objectives:
- Develop an engaged network of librarians who are participating in the NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Network by providing a variety of engagement and learning opportunities on various topics connected to health & wellness and All of Us.
- Assess the types of activities that are successful in engaging libraries around health & wellness that can be shared with All of Us and will inform future engagement activities around the NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Network.
Are you interested in participating in this community? Here are two important things to know:
First: This community of practice is funded by the All of Us Research Program and so their goals are our goals. You can learn more about All of Us here.
Second: All of the resources in this community of practice are for every library worker who is working or wanting to work to advance access to quality consumer health information in their communities. (Even if you decide not to partner with NNLM to support All of Us). If you work in a library and if you are invested in transforming access to trusted health information, improving health literacy and health outcomes in your communities we want you to have:
- Access to all relevant resources in one easy location.
- Opportunity to have important discussions and contribute questions and general conversation and also as trusted experts in the field.
- Community with others in the field through participating in and connecting with colleagues who are listed in the database.
Due to privacy concerns, there are some resources that require an NNLM account, which is free to obtain. We may also promote resources that are external to NNLM that may have their own account requirements.
Welcome to the Community of Practice - we hope you connect with others here!
We welcome feedback at any time. Please share your feedback.