Call for Proposals: NNLM COVID-19 Infodemic Symposium Due February 26, 2021
The Network of the National Library of Medicine invites proposals for a virtual symposium: Responding to the COVID-19 Infodemic, on April 8th-9th, 2021. The COVID-19 pandemic highlights the disparities of underserved, minority, and underrepresented communities. This includes ensuring equal understanding of accurate health information, education in hard hit communities, and valuing inclusion in clinical research to overcome COVID-19. The NNLM Virtual Symposium is an opportunity to engage with NNLM Network Members to address misinformation and mistrust, raise awareness about the pandemic, and efforts to combat it. Symposium attendees can expect to come away from this experience with a better understanding of COVID-19 and share strategies and programs to engage with your community.
After attending the symposium, participants will be able to:
- Identify key issues that impact medically underserved populations in accessing accurate health information related to COVID-19 and vaccines, including health literacy and medical mistrust.
- Learn strategies, outcomes, and lessons learned from presenters to adapt and apply within own communities
- Design an outreach and education program to specific served populations
We are currently seeking proposals for presentations and panel discussions related to COVID-19 misinformation and disinformation, including, but not limited to:
- Health Equity across a variety of demographic factors (race, gender, geography, socioeconomic status, etc.)
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Public health
- Community outreach and programming
- 15 minute Paper/Oral Presentations: You will have 10 minutes to present and have 5 minutes for questions.
- 1 hour Panel discussions: You will be grouped with other panelists to respond to questions related to a similar topic
Proposals will be due by 11:59 PM, February 26th, 2021. Decisions will be made and presenters/panelists will be notified of their acceptance by mid-March.
To submit, please fill out the Submission Form by February 26, 2021.
For any questions, concerns or submission issues, please email Sarah Levin-Lederer (Sarah.LevinLederer AT umassmed.edu) and Sharon Han (shan4 AT library.ucla.edu). Thank you, and we look forward to your proposals!