New webinar series: Girls Matter!
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Agency (SAMHSA) is offering a webinar series dedicated to the behavioral health of girls.
“This six-part webinar series, Girls Matter, provides research, best practice and critical thinking on the topics that professionals working with girls and young women must know. Each session addresses a key area of what matters to adolescent girls today—including challenges, opportunities, and strategies for supporting girls.
SAMHSA has created this webinar series to: Increase the behavioral health workforce’s understanding of the needs and concerns of adolescent girls (primarily ages 12-18) and Bring visibility and attention to the specific behavioral health concerns of adolescent girls.”
- Growing Up Girl: Adolescent Development and the Unique Issues Facing Girls (Tuesday, February 25, 2014)
- The Girl in the Mirror: Behavioral Health Challenges of Adolescent Girls (Thursday, March 13, 2014)
- Girls and Substance Use: Trends, Challenges, and Opportunities (Tuesday, April 22, 2014)
- Digital Girls: Confession, Connection, and Disconnection (Tuesday, May 20, 2014)
- Sanctuary and Supports for Girls in Crisis (Tuesday, June 10, 2014)
- The Power of Youth Development and Recovery Supports (Thursday, July 24, 2014)
Learn more and register for webinars: http://bit.ly/1jwm6T7