Virginia Adult ESOL Health Literacy Toolkit
The Virginia Adult ESOL Health Literacy Toolkit <http://bit.ly/16DcggK> was created by a hospital social worker and ESOL educator. This toolkit can help ESOL educators and others involved in health literacy to better understand and address the health literacy challenges encountered by adult English language learners in U.S. healthcare.
The toolkit includes:
- Reproducible lesson plans and teaching materials on high-interest, hard-to-teach health topics
- Easy-to-read resources on using US health care for English language learners to access directly
- Explanations of health literacy terms, concepts, and issues as they relate to English language learners
- Resources for understanding and explaining US health care to English language learners
- Case studies to see the issues in action
- Resources and tips for accessing affordable care
- Examples and how-to’s for engaging in interdisciplinary health literacy projects
- And more!