New Resource: Native Generations Campaign
The Urban Indian Health Institute is pleased to announce the worldwide release of the Native Generations Campaign that includes video, webpage, and resources. The Native Generations campaign addresses high rates of infant mortality, causes of infant death, and maternal and child health needs among American Indians and Alaska Natives. The video emphasizes prevention of infant deaths trough connection to health services, community support systems and Native culture. You can view the 11-minute video on the Native Generations web site: http://bit.ly/VbpMRS
The Native Generations web site contains a variety of resources, including:
- Communications Guides to aid in conducting screenings of the video, facilitating discussions on the video topics and sharing the video with target audience and other stakeholders.
- A Postcard Flyer to advertise the video and web page.
- A Video Sharing Letter/Email Template for use in promoting the video and video topics with local agencies, providers, policy-makers, community leaders and other stakeholder in your community.
- Resources for Families for new and expecting parents and child caregivers.
- Reports on maternal and child health among American Indians and Alaska natives and project specific reports describing the development of the campaign.