How are books selected?
Books reference a health topic that aligns with the NIH All of Us Research Program and the National Health Observances calendar. Fiction, nonfiction, memoirs, graphic novels, and young adult titles are considered for selection based upon the following criteria:
- Author or book is award-winning or a national best seller
- Consistent, positive book reviews or reader ratings
- Published within last five years unless the title is considered a classic work
- Available in another format such as audio, e-book, or large print
- Reading guide or book discussion guide available