Libraries As Partners In Health: An NNLM Seminar on Consumer Health
Please join us for Libraries as Partners in Health: An NNLM Seminar on Consumer Health, hosted by the National Network of Libraries of Medicine
Friday, June 21
9:00 am-2:00 pm Eastern Time
Building 60, National Institutes of Health
Gather together with like-minded librarians, tour the National Library of Medicine and get to know your colleagues from your Regional Medical Library. Learn how the NNLM can support your work in consumer health and review opportunities for you to participate in the NNLM's national initiatives on Public Libraries and the NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Network. Join us to jump start consumer health information programming at your library.
During this event you will
- Jump start health information programming at your library
- Tour the National Library of Medicine
- Network with like-minded librarians
- Meet your Regional Medical Library staff
- 9:00 am - Welcome - Get an overview of the NNLM and its national initiatives
- 9:30 am - NNLM & Consumer Health: How Do I Fit In? - Participate in a small group discussion with your region's coordinators about what you need to know to take full advantage of all the NNLM has to offer.
- 10:30 am - Break
- 11:00 am - Tour of the National Library of Medicine
- 12:00 pm - Lunch
- 1:00 pm - Designing your Consumer Health Program with the NNLM - Participate in a facilitated brainstorming session to develop effective health program ideas you can implement in your library
Location & Transportation
The seminar will be held in Building 60 on the National Institutes of Health (NIH) campus.
To make travel as easy as possible we'll be offering assistance to travel to and from the NIH. Please stay tuned for more information.
If you prefer to travel to and from the NIH on your own please read the following information on getting to the NIH.
All visitors must enter through the NIH Gateway Center. Visitors must provide a form of government-issued ID such as a driver's license or passport. Please find additional information about Campus Access and Security here.