The NTO invites applications to participate in online Instructor Training from Library Carpentries. This highly-sought after training is the first step in becoming a certified instructor for The Carpentries. Instructors organize and teach Carpentry workshops to spread data literacy and programmatic skills both locally and globally. Members of The Carpentries Instructor community work together to actively grow their instructional and technical skills. Becoming an Instructor is a great step to leveling-up your own technical skills and helps you to become a more effective technical communicator.
Dates: Workshops will be held online March 2-5, 2021 9 am – 1 pm Pacific / 12 noon – 4 pm Eastern. You must plan to attend all sessions.
- From an NNLM-Member organization (If your organization is not a member, it can become one).
- You have completed a workshop from The Carpentries.
- Priority given to US Residents or US Citizen residing elsewhere
- January 29: Applications due
- February 8: Applicants will be notified of acceptance/waitlist
- March 2-5: Carpentries Instructor Training
To apply: Please complete the Instructor Training Application. In the Application Type, select pre-approved registration and enter NNLM2021 as the registration code.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org