Data Services and Technology Librarian
- Reporting to the NNLM PSR Associate Director, the Data Services and Technology Librarian will be one member of a team of three outreach librarians, who is responsible for the following duties:
- Oversees needs assessment and program development to increase support for big data initiatives, such as skills in creating data management plans and helping scientific researchers find appropriate data repositories.
- Oversees NNLM PSR website structure and content, and ensures that resources included on the website are compliant with requirements in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Provides information and consultation on NNLM PSR funding opportunities and proposal preparation, solicits funding applications from Network members, and monitors progress of ongoing awards.
- Develops in-person and online workshops and training sessions to promote awareness and use of NLM and National Institute of Health (NIH) resources and tools in the research and academic community.
- Exhibits at regional and local conferences and meetings reaching NNLM PSR target populations, and submits workshop proposals aimed at providing education about NLM and NIH resources.
- Contributes information via the NNLM PSR blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and website to promote current awareness in data management and NLM resources and tools.
- Assists as needed with other NNLM PSR outreach and network activities to promote NNLM and NLM resources, programs, and services.
$49,165 – $67,722