That's a Wrap: Creating and Editing Video Content
Making educational or promotional videos once cost thousands of dollars and meant investing in lots of equipment. Today quality video cameras are part of many mobile devices. Affordable video cameras and easy to use software make video creation quick and easy. This class will provide an introduction to video creation methods and techniques. Various software options will be explored including low-cost and free video editing software options. Hands-on activities will demonstrate the ease of video creation using mini cameras and online solutions for editing video content.
Course ObjectivesUpon completion of this class, participants will:
- Understand the basic principles of video creation including planning strategies and techniques,
- Have knowledge of video editing software options,
- Have increased awareness of video use for library education and promotion purposes,
- Be able to use a video camera to create a video in class,
- Be able to edit a video and publish it to the web.
- Web Resources (Diigo)
This class is face-to-face.
Students are encouraged to have a free WeVideo account. Instructor can provide practice account log-in credentials if necessary..
This class has been approved by the Medical Library Association for 4 contact hours of CE credit.
That's a Wrap: Creating and Editing Video Instructors
South Central RegionMichele Woods, firstname.lastname@example.org, 713-799-7123
Michele Woods, Technology Coordinator, NN/LM South Central Region
Emily Hurst, former Technology Coordinator, NN/LM South Central Region
Max Anderson, former Technology Coordinator, NN/LM Greater Midwest Region