PubMed Clinics of North America: A Problem-based Approach to PubMed Searching
The workshop will focus on a problem-based approach in learning to search the PubMed database. Through case studies, group exercises and hands-on practice, participants will become more efficient PubMed searchers. The class is geared for intermediate and advanced PubMed searchers. The class is available as three, four or six hour sessions.
Participants will be able to
- Search PubMed to locate citations on author, subject or keyword, and institutional searches;
- Create a search strategy using the strengths of the database;
- Apply MeSH headings to enhance a search;
- Use My NCBI to create collections and save searches;
- Become familiar with available tools to update their skills and for lifelong learning.
- Advanced PubMed Searching Resource Packet
- Envelope messages/hints
- Instructors' guide (contact instructor)
This course has been approved for 3, 4 and 6 hours of Medical Library Association Continuing Education Units.
Greater Midwest Region
Holly Ann Burt, Outreach and Exhibits Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1(312)996-2226, 1(312)996-2464
Barbara Jones, Network Membership and Missouri Liaison, email@example.com, 1(573)884-5042
Middle Atlantic Region
Kate Flewelling, Outreach Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 412-624-3336
Pacific Southwest Region
Kay Deeney, Educational Services Coordinator, 1(310)825-5389, 1(310)206-0525
Southeastern Atlantic Region
David Midyette, Outreach Communication Coordinator, 1(410)706-2855
Sheila Snow-Croft, Public Health Coordinator, 1(410)706-0099, 1(410)706-2855
Kay Deeney, Educational Services Coordinator, Pacific Southwest Region, National Network of Libraries of Medicine