Nursing@NLM: Resources to support research and clinical practice from the National Library of Medicine
This hands-on workshop is designed for librarians responsible for information services to the Nursing and Allied Health professions as well as health professionals having nursing responsibilities. The class focuses on using NLM databases in support of nursing research, nursing education, and clinical practice. Half-day course.
Participants will be able to:
- Perform basic literature searches in PubMed
- Identify, select, and manage citations retrieved
- Retrieve and describe health related consumer/patient education resources from Medlineplus
- Discover and retrieve drug information for clinical practice
- Evaluate resources for information quality
- Identify and utilize apps and social media for mobile access and updates
This course has been approved for 4 hours of Medical Library Association Continuing Education Units.
David Midyette, 1(410)706-2855
David Midyette, Outreach/Communications Coordinator, NN/LM, SE/A Region