¿No Comprende? Online Health Resources for English Speakers Serving Spanish Speaking Communities
Do you have a growing Latino population in your community? Do you need to quickly find health information in Spanish but don’t know where to look? Are the only words in your Spanish vocabulary burrito and gracias? If you answered yes to these questions, then this is the class for you. This 4-hour hands-on class will cover resources for learning basic medical and Internet Spanish vocabulary. You will also learn to evaluate and identify health websites in Spanish to which you can direct your patrons.
Participants will be able to:
- Define the basics of health literacy and cultural competence
- Identify online resources for basic, medical, and internet Spanish vocabulary
- Pronounce the letters in the Spanish alphabet
- Describe criteria for evaluating health websites and evaluate online health information resources that are in Spanish
- Identify reliable online Spanish health information resources
- This course has been approved for 4 hours of Medical Library Association Continuing Education Units.
- This course has also been approved for Level I or II of the Consumer Health Information Specialization Program
¿No Comprende? Instructors
Midcontinental RegionBarbara Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1(573)884-5042
Pacific Northwest RegionEmily Glenn, email@example.com
Pacific Southwest RegionKay Deeney, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1(310)825-5389, 1(310)206-0525Kelli Ham, 1(310)825-5389, 1(310)825-1984
South Central RegionAdela Justice, email@example.com, 1(713)799-7183
Adela Justice is the Consumer Health Coordinator for the NN/LM South Central Region