Getting Started with Information Outreach in Minority Communities
This interactive class will provide a background in cultural competence and outreach skills to assist you as you make outreach efforts to underserved and minority populations in your community.
Participants will be able to...
- Define cultural competence.
- Apply principles of cultural competence in outreach programs.
- Examine ways to learn about local communities.
- Learn about strategic collaboration.
- This course has been approved for 4 hours of Medical Library Association Continuing Education Units.
Greater Midwest Region
Jacqueline Leskovec, Outreach, Planning and Evaluation Coordinator, email@example.com, 1(312)996-2226, 1(312)996-7634
Dana Abbey, Health Information Literacy Coordinator/Colorado, Health Information Literacy Coordinator/Colorado, 1(303)724-2110
New England Region
Michelle Eberle, Consumer Health Information Coordinator, 1(508)856-2435
South Central Region
Michelle Malizia, Associate Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1(713)799-7880
Cheryl Rowan, Consumer Health Coordinator, email@example.com, 1(713)799-7880
Siobhan Champ-Blackwell is the Community Outreach Liaison for the NN/LM MidContinental Region.
Gale Dutcher is the Head of the Office of Outreach and Special Populations, Specialized Information Services at the National Library of Medicine.