Keeping Up With PubMed
With a hands-on approach, this class will show attendees how to use the features of PubMed effectively. Attendees will be able to describe the contents of PubMed; formulate basic search strategies; display, print, and save results in various formats; revise and refine searches; and use special features such as Related Articles, Link to journals, Citation Matcher, and Clinical Queries. The instructor will demonstrate online searches and students, at computers connected to the Internet, will be invited to follow along. Time for individual practice will be provided.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand how PubMed constructs a query.
- Develop and refine search strategies using components of PubMed's Features Bar.
- Use Links (including LinkOut) to move to internal and external resources.
- Build controlled vocabulary searches using PubMed's MeSH browser.
- Use the MyNCBI feature to personalize PubMed and store searches.
- Use the other tools on PubMed's Sidebar, including the Journals Database, Single Citation Matcher and Clinical Queries.
The in-person course has been approved for 4 hours of Medical Library Association Continuing Education Units. The online course has been approved for 5 hours of Medical Library Association Continuing Education Units.
MLA Clearing House Record: http://cech.mlanet.org/node/280
Greater Midwest Region
Holly Ann Burt, Outreach and Exhibits Coordinator, email@example.com, 1(312)996-2464
Pacific Northwest Region
Patricia Devine, Network Outreach Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1(206)543-8275, pat_devine
Pacific Southwest Region
Kay Deeney, Educational Services Coordinator, 1(310)825-5389, 1(310)206-0525
South Central Region
Naomi Gonzales, Public Health Coordinator, email@example.com, 1(713) 799-7880
Emily Hurst, Technology Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1(713)799-7880, @hurstej
Michelle Malizia, Associate Director, email@example.com, 1(713)799-7880
Cheryl Rowan, Consumer Health Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1(713)799-7880
Karen Vargas, Outreach and Evaluation Coordinator, email@example.com, 1(713)799-7880
Southeastern Atlantic Region
Sheila Snow-Croft, Public Health Coordinator, 1(410)706-0099, 1(410)706-2855