Keeping Up With PubMed
With a hands-on approach, this class will show attendees how to use the features of PubMed effectively. Attendees will be able to describe the contents of PubMed; formulate basic search strategies; display, print, and save results in various formats; revise and refine searches; and use special features such as Related Articles, Link to journals, Citation Matcher, and Clinical Queries. The instructor will demonstrate online searches and students, at computers connected to the Internet, will be invited to follow along. Time for individual practice will be provided.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand how PubMed constructs a query.
- Develop and refine search strategies using components of PubMed's Features Bar.
- Use Links (including LinkOut) to move to internal and external resources.
- Build controlled vocabulary searches using PubMed's MeSH browser.
- Use the MyNCBI feature to personalize PubMed and store searches.
- Use the other tools on PubMed's Sidebar, including the Journals Database, Single Citation Matcher and Clinical Queries.
- This class has been approved by the Medical Library Association for 3, 4, 6 and 8 contact hours of CE credit.
- MLA Course Listing
- This will be offered via the Moodle platform. Please contact instructor for upcoming courses.
Keeping Up With PubMed Instructors
Pacific Northwest RegionPatricia Devine, email@example.com, 1(206)543-8275, pat_devine
Pacific Southwest RegionKay Deeney, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1(310)825-5389, 1(310)206-0525
Southeastern Atlantic RegionTony Nguyen, email@example.com, 410-706-2855
Keeping Up with PubMed Online Instructors
Southeastern Atlantic RegionTony Nguyen, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-706-2855Terri Ottosen, 1(410)706-0099, 1(410)706-2855
In Person Class: Tony Nguyen is the Emerging Technologies/Communication Coordinator at the National Network of Libraries of Medicine Southeastern/Atlantic Region (NN/LM SEA).
Moodle Course: Holly Burt is the Outreach and Exhibits Coordinator at the National Network of Libraries of Medicine Greater Midwest Region (NN/LM GMR).