NLM's Consumer Health Databases
In recent years, the National Library of Medicine has produced a number of databases designed for the general public. These databases range from health information to environmental conditions that impact health. This 4 hour hands-on course is designed to be an overview of these databases.
These databases can also be taught as a single class, individual modules, or combined for specific needs.
Participants will be able to:
- Learn about the resources that the National Library of Medicine makes available to consumers.
- Know how to search each of these resources.
- Know which resources are best to use for different questions.
- Agenda (rev: Jul 23, 2008)
- Overview (rev: Jul 18, 2008)
- Summary Practice Exercises (rev: Nov 15, 2007)
Upon successful completion of this class, each participant will receive 4 hours of continuing education credit awarded by the Medical Library Association. Certificates will be delivered by mail at a later date.
Dana Abbey, Health Information Literacy Coordinator/Colorado, Health Information Literacy Coordinator/Colorado, 1(303)724-2110
Barbara Jones, Network Membership and Missouri Liaison, email@example.com, 1(573)884-5042
Karen Vargas, MLS, Consumer Health Outreach Coordinator, National Network of Libraries of Medicine South Central Region