Will Duct Tape Cure My Warts? Examining Complementary and Alternative Medicine
The goal of this class is to increase understanding of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM). Students will learn the history of CAM and its impact on medical practices. They will learn how CAM is used, how to avoid “bad science” and how to look up evidence of the effectiveness of CAM therapies. This class is offered for 2 hours or 4 hours. Both classes will include lecture, discussion, and hands-on training.
- Have knowledge of the definition and types of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM).
- Have greater knowledge of the history of CAM and its impact on medical practice.
- Have greater understanding of usage of CAM.
- Increase confidence in evaluating health websites.
- Increase skills in avoiding “bad science” found on the Internet or in the news.
- Become more proficient in searching for evidence of the effectiveness of CAM.
Upon successful completion of this class, each participant will receive 2 or 4 hours of continuing education credit awarded by the Medical Library Association. Certificates will be delivered through the mail at a later date.
Will Duct Tape Cure My Warts Instructors
Greater Midwest RegionSamanthi Hewakapuge, 1(312)996-2226, 1(312)996-7791
Midcontinental RegionBarbara Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1(573)884-5042
Middle Atlantic RegionLydia Collins, email@example.com, 412-624-1515, 412-624-1411
Pacific Northwest RegionCarolyn Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-221-3449
Pacific Southwest RegionKay Deeney, email@example.com, 1(310)825-5389, 1(310)206-0525Kelli Ham, 1(310)825-5389, 1(310)825-1984
South Central RegionAdela Justice, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1(713)799-7183
Southeastern Atlantic RegionTerri Ottosen, 1(410)706-0099, 1(410)706-2855Nancy Patterson, (410)706-2858
Adela Justice, Consumer Health Coordinator, NN/LM South Central Region
Michelle Malizia, former Associate Director, NN/LM South Central Region
Karen Vargas, Evaluation Specialist, NN/LM Outreach Evaluation Resource Center