Internet Discovery Tools
Selected Internet resources that may be of interest to Health Professionals, Librarians, and Consumers.
- MedlinePlus: NLM's guide to consumer health information on the Web. También en Español!
- healthfinder: U.S. government's links to dependable consumer health information. También en Español!
- NOAH: New York Online Access to Health: A librarian-reviewed list. También en Español! Excellent Spanish language consumer health materials.
- PubMed: NLM's free search service features millions of MEDLINE citations, with links to participating on-line journals.
- Biosciences Index: Part of the
WWW Virtual Library, a catalog using Library of Congress classification.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): A resource containing a multitude of health topics including health statistics and issues relevant to the public.
- Medical Matrix: A physician peer-reviewed list. Good links to MEDLINE, CME, online publications. Useful topical and specialty categorizations. Registration required.
- Wikipedia: The free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
- World Health Organization (WHO): A global resource dealing with health issues on an international scale.
- Alta Vista: Extensive index of the Web and Usenet. Good advanced searching options.
- Ask: Easy-to-use Web searcher.
- Bing: Easy-to-use Web searcher.
- Dogpile: Simultaneously searches several other search engines.
- Google: Easy-to-use Web searcher.
- HotBot: Easy-to-use search of the Web and Usenet.
- Librarian's Index to the Internet: An annotated subject directory evaluated by librarians.
- Lycos: Subject guides plus a search tool.
- search.com: Simultaneously searches several other search engines (formerly known as SavvySearch and CNET Metasearch).
- WebCrawler: A simple search engine.
- Yahoo: Easy-to-use Web searcher.
- Google Groups: Search Usenet newsgroup postings (see also Advanced Groups Search)
- L-Soft CataList: Search for mailing lists that are based on LISTSERV software.
- Topica: A directory of health & fitness e-mail discussion lists.
For your convenience, a version of this page optimized for printing is available.Database revised: November 18, 2013.