Will Duct Tape Cure My Warts? Examining Complementary and Alternative Medicine
The goal of this class is to increase understanding of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM). Students will learn the history of CAM and its impact on medical practices. They will learn how CAM is used, how to avoid “bad science” and how to look up evidence of the effectiveness of CAM therapies. This class is offered for
- Have knowledge of the definition and types of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM).
- Have greater knowledge of the history of CAM and it's impact on medical practice.
- Have greater understanding of usage of CAM.
- Increase confidence in evaluating health websites.
- Increase skills in avoiding “bad science” found on the Internet or in the news.
- Become more proficient in searching for evidence of the effectiveness of CAM.
If you are interested in taking this class, please email Terri Ottosen .
Please note that class size is limited, and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. If the class is full, you will be placed on a waiting list for first access to the next upcoming class when it is announced on the SEA Currents blog.