January 20, 2010
Presenter: Betsy Kelly, Assessment and Evaluation Liaison (NN/LM MCR)
Concept: To help medical librarians work with two “valuation” tools: (1.) the new Library Value Calculator, adapted from one originally provided by the Massachusetts Library Association, and then adapted for the web by Chelmsford Public Library; and (2.) the Cost Benefit and ROI Calculator, that helps determine a library’s contribution to the institutional “bottom line”.
Highlights / Responses to questions, such as:
- What’s your library worth to the institution?
- How much would it cost to replace your library services on the retail market?
- How much does the library contribute to the bottom line?
- How much benefit does your institution (i.e., the patrons) receive for every dollar spent by the library?
- What kind of annual return is realized for funds allocated to maintain the library’s collection?
Archive of January 20, 2010 web conference - links to Adobe Connect Presentation