All About DOCLINE
|Topics on this page|
Tugger the DOCLINE Mascot
DOCLINE is the National Library of Medicine's automated interlibrary loan request routing and referral system. The purpose of the system is to provide efficient document delivery service among libraries in the National Network of Libraries of Medicine.
- Is your library eligible for DOCLINE? See the DOCLINE Eligibility Guidelines
- If your library is not a member of the NN/LM, submit a New Member Application and indicate your interest in DOCLINE
- Read the DOCLINE Fact Sheet
- Read the SE/A Regional Document Delivery Plan
- Sign up for EFTS, DOCLINE's electronic billing system
- Sign up for DOCLINE-L, the email discussion list for all DOCLINE libraries
- Going on vacation? Submit a DOCLINE Hold request to stop requests from coming to your library
- Refer to DOCLINE Manual (Online Help)
- DOCLINE System Information Page
- Take Online DOCLINE training.
1) Institutional Record Administration, EFTS (electronic funds transfer system)
2) Serial Holdings
3) Routing Table and Library Groups
4) Borrow/Lend and Loansome DOC (if appropriate)
You can elect one, some or all of the modules. Modules are customized to the individual student and generally last 1 hour. Most DOCLINErs prefer to have them spaced at least a week apart. Online training can be scheduled when it is mutually convenient and all that is required is an active DOCLINE ID and PW. Email the SE/A DOCLINE Coordinator, PJ Grier to request DOCLINE training.
For more information about DOCLINE and Interlibrary Loan Services in the SE/A Region, please contact our Outreach/Access Coordinator, PJ Grier.