The recordings of the videocast of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) Board of Regents (BOR) September 2015 are available for viewing at http://videocast.nih.gov/PastEvents.asp?c=210. There are two separate recordings, one for each day of the meeting. For you reference, the meeting agenda is below.
The live videocasts and the videocast recordings of future NLM BOR meetings will be available to the public at http://videocast.nih.gov/. General information about the NLM BOR and dates of future meetings are available at https://www.nlm.nih.gov/od/bor/.
Click on the date below to access the recordings.
- 9:00 Meeting opens, Ms. Gail Yokote, Chair
- 9:00 Report from the Office of the Surgeon General, PHS, RADM Scott Giberson
- 9:20 Report from the NIH Director, Dr. Francis Collins
- 9:55 Report from the Acting NLM Director, Ms. Betsy Humphreys
- 10:45 NIH Strategic Plan, Dr. Lawrence Tabak, Deputy Director, NIH
- 11:30 Presentation of Regents Award, Ms. Gail Yokote
- 11:40 Lunch
- 1:00 NLM/FDA Medical Device Information Partnership, Ms. Terrie Reed, FDA, and Mr. Ivor D’Souza
- 1:45 Predicting Smoking Relapse through a Bayesian Model for fMRI Biomarker Identification, Ms. Sharon Chiang, Rice University
- 2:45 Extramural Programs Report, Dr. Valerie Florance
- 3:30 Recess
9:00 Responses to NIH Request for Information to Assist NLM Working Group, Dr. Barbara Rapp
9:45 Precision Medicine Initiative: Informatics Implications, Dr. Joshua Denny, Vanderbilt University
10:45 Pathogen Sequences Update, Dr. Michael Feldgarden