Request for Information (RFI) on the NIH Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) Initiative Resources for Teaching and Learning Biomedical Big Data Management and Data ScienceThursday, November 6th, 2014
Submissions are due December 31, 2014
Request for Information (RFI) on the NIH Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) Initiative Resources for Teaching and Learning Biomedical Big Data Management and Data Science (Notice number NOT-LM-15-001)
Some needed instructional resources for training in data management and data science are already available. Please identify resources and materials of interest with characteristics such as, but not limited to:
- Graduate-level short courses, tutorials and workshops (online, in-person or hybrid) that are open to all;
- Graduate-level online tutorials and modules;
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs);
- Curriculum plans or resources (including sample datasets or data management plans used in data management training;
- Evaluation approaches for online data science or data management courses.
NIH is interested in collections (aggregations) of the above as well as individual topics. Materials for self-guided learning must be available online or for download in standard digital formats.
For each class or learning resource, please provide information that will help NIH identify and locate the resources, such as:
- The name of the course or resource;
- A URL for the online resource or a site that describes or offers the resource;
- The sponsor of the resource, such as organization or instructor.
Additional information, is also welcome, including comments about the course or resource.