Register for the PubMed® for Trainers Class – It’s free!
Offered by the
National Library of Medicine Training Center (NTC)
and the National Library of Medicine (NLM)
“I would highly recommend this course to anyone who teaches PubMed.”
“You all did an amazing job of (1) modeling instructional design by providing a very well-designed course; and, (2) demonstrating how online instructional environments can still provide engaging learning experiences.”
“I really learned a lot of new information about how to search PubMed and good ideas for how to best teach that to my students.”
–Comments from recent “PubMed for Trainers” participants
Would you like to gain new skills, brush up on existing PubMed skills and collaborate with colleagues to help create effective training strategies? The NTC is offering PubMed® for Trainers (PMT) in two locations of interest to our region: at the University Of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, TN (in November 2014) and at the National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD (in October 2014).
PMT is held in 4 sessions; 3 online and 1 in person session (attendance in all is expected). The last of the four sessions is an in-person class.
This hands-on course consists of 9 presentations created by the National Library of Medicine, live demonstrations, hands-on exercises, group work and discussions, and networking opportunities over the course of four sessions. You can expect an additional 2-3 hours of independent homework. Upon completion of the class, participants receive 15 hours of MLA CE credit.
By the end of the course, you should:
- Have a functional knowledge of the MEDLINE® database
- Understand behind the scenes details of how PubMed translates your search
- Know how to use Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
- Increase your knowledge of how to more effectively search for drugs, diseases, and patient centered research.
The dates and times for the four class sessions for the Bethesda location are:
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 11 am – 1 pm ET (online via Adobe Connect)
- Thursday, October 23, 2014, 11 am – 1 pm ET (online via Adobe Connect)
- Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 11 am – 1 pm ET (online via Adobe Connect)
- Thursday, October 30, 9 am -4:30 pm ET (in-person in Bethesda, MD)
The dates and times for the four class sessions for the Memphis location are:
- Monday, October 20, 2014, 10 am – 12 noon CT (online via Adobe Connect)
- Monday, November 3, 2014, 10 am – 12 noon CT (online via Adobe Connect)
- Monday, November 10, 2014, 10 am – 12 noon CT (online via Adobe Connect)
- Thursday, November 13, 9 am -4:30 pm CT (in-person in Memphis, TN)
For more information and to register, visit http://nnlm.gov/ntcc/classes/class_details.html?class_id=359.