Diagnostic Error: Team Up and Tackle It!: November 15, 2012
Diagnostic error is a significant factor in patient harm and increased medical costs ( http://psnet.ahrq.gov/primer.aspx?primerID=12). A free class — on how multidisciplinary teams contribute to the reduction of diagnostic error. Class focus is on evidence-based processes and the impact of librarians. The class will be held on November 15, 2012 in Room LL05 at the Health Sciences and Human Services Library, University of Maryland Baltimore. Class time is from 9-4.
Session content will cover:
· Team-oriented approaches to understanding the role of information and evidence in the diagnostic process.
· Case analysis and discussion of bias.
· Partnering of librarians/informationists with clinical staff to strategize improvements
· Application of failure analysis techniques to explore system and process improvement.
· Design of evidence sharing innovations to reduce diagnostic error.
· Strategies for implementation of proposed projects.[l1]
Multi-disciplinary teams from organizations are encouraged to attend. MLA CE credits will be provided.
Register for this class at http://nnlm.gov/ntcc/classes/class_details.html?class_id=505