2012 MAC Student Vision Scholarship
The Membership and Recruitment Committee of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC) of the Medical Library Association invites library students to apply for a conference scholarship to attend the 2012 MLA Quad Chapter Meeting which will be held from October 13-16th, 2012, at the Tremont Grant in Baltimore, MD. This is unique opportunity to attend a chapter meeting with several other chapters as MAC will be meeting with the Southern, Philadelphia, and New York/New Jersey Chapters of the Medical Library Association.
Students attending the conference are invited to explore the benefits of health sciences librarianship through interaction, networking, and mentorship. Special programming elements are being designed for student involvement. This unique opportunity for emerging professionals includes:
- Ticket to New Member/Student Reception on October 13th, 2012
- Ticket to the Welcome Reception on October 13th, 2012
- Inclusive Registration for October 13 – 16, 2012
- Conference buddy assignment
Five scholarships will be awarded. Along with complimentary registration for the Welcome Reception on October 13th and full-day registration from October 14th-16th , scholarship recipients will receive meals that are provided as part of the conference program.
The Student Vision Scholarship does not include travel expenses to the conference (airfare, mileage, or car rental), accommodations (hotel), or meals outside of conference programming on Oct 13th-16th as defined above.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- A current library student:
- Attending an ALA accredited library school in the MAC region or
- Working in the MAC region and attending any distance education ALA accredited library school.
- Full or part-time student
- Willing to submit a ½ page report detailing their experience and impressions of the program to appear in the MAC Messages newsletter.
- Committed to attend the New Member/Student Reception and Welcome Reception on October 13th and as much of the conference programming as possible
To be considered for this award, applicants must:
- Meet all the eligibility criteria
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a library school faculty member
- Submit an essay (no more than 500 words) describing their interest in health sciences librarianship
- Submit a current resume and cover letter
Deadline for Submission
Completed applications should be emailed to Shannon D. Jones and Ryan Harris, co-coordinators of the Student Vision Scholarship at email@example.com by Friday, September 14, 2012. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.