SCR CONNECTions: Regional Medical Library Updates
Upcoming Webinar Dates & Topics
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Topic: To Be Announced
Typically held the 3rd Wednesday of every month. 10:30 am - 11:30 am CT (9:30 am - 10:30 am MT). 1 hour Medical Library Association Continuing Education available for most SCR CONNECTions webinars.
Have a suggestion for an upcoming SCR CONNECTions topic and/or speaker? Use the SCR CONNECTions Suggestion Form to provide us with your ideas.
How to Log In
Go to https://webmeeting.nih.gov/scr, on the log in screen, choose "Enter as a Guest" and type in your name. Once logged into the room the system will prompt guest to connect to the audio. If this system does not work for you, a call-in number will be provided in the room.
Dial in Number: 1-888-757-2790
Participant Code: 637469
All attendees will be muted prior to the presenter speaking. Use *6 to mute or unmute your phone. Do Not Place Call on Hold.
Problems? Call us at 713-799-7880, or 800-338-7657 (AR, LA, NM, OK, TX only). *Voice over IP (VoIP) for webinar use has been discontinued.
Test Your Connection
Run the Acrobat Connect Connection Test to ensure your configuration is compatible with the web meeting system. If you have problems completing the test or installing required software, please visit the Adobe Support website or call Adobe Connect Technical Support at 800-945-9120.
- Wednesday, July 15, 2015: Responsive Design and MedlinePlus Updates
- Wednesday, June 17, 2015: Updates from MLA 2015 (Recording not available)
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015: Semantic MEDLINE with guest speakers Michael J. Cairelli, D.O., M.S. and Marcelo Fiszman, M.D., Ph.D.
- Wednesday, April 15, 2015: NN/LM SCR Office Updates
- Wednesday, March 18, 2015: Please DO Touch the Works of Art…With Your Mouse! - NLM Online Exhibition Program
- Wednesday, February 18, 2015: Funding Opportunities in the South Central Region (Recording not available)
- December 17, 2014: ToxWorld: A brief survey of NLM's environmental health resources with Karen Vargas
- November 19, 2014: Makerspaces with guest speaker Tara Radniecki presentation material)
- September 17, 2014: ¡VIVA! Peer Tutor Project with guest speakers Lucy Hansen, Sara Reibman, Ann Vickman and Yawar Ali (presentation material)
- August 20, 2014: Metadata: The Key to Linking Data with guest speakers Dick Miller, Thea S. Allen and Joanne Banko from Lane Medical Library, Stanford University presentation material)
- July 16, 2014: Health Information and Online Privacy for You and Your Organization (presentation material)
- June 18, 2014: The New TOXNET (presentation material)
- April 16, 2014: Evidence Based Public Health (EBPH) (presentation material)
- March 19, 2014: Ways to Search and Interpret Studies with Results from ClinicalTrials.gov (presentation material)
- February 19, 2014: Off the Shelf: Free Classroom Resources from the National Library of Medicine (presentation material)
- January 15, 2014: Right on the Money: 2014 NN/LM SCR Funding Opportunities (presentation material)
- December 18, 2013: 3D Printing and Medical Libraries with guest speakers Patricia Anderson and Kimberley Barker Audio Recording presentation material)
- November 20, 2013: PubMed Update with guest speaker Rebecca Brown
- September 18, 2013: Mobile Devices and Apps in Education with guest speaker Rebecca K. Miller Recording Available Upon Request (presentation material)
- August 21, 2013: Video Creation: Tools and Tips (presentation material)
- July 17, 2013: PubMed Health and Systematic Reviews with guest speaker Hilda Bastain (presentation material)
- June 19, 2013: The Ambulance-Riding Librarian: How Embedded Informationists Help the Responder Community with guest speaker Kacy Allgood (presentation material)
- May 15, 2013: NLM Updates from MLA (presentation material)
- April 17, 2013: Once Upon a Time: Using Evaluation Findings to Tell Your Project’s Story with guest speaker Cindy Olney (presentation material)
- March 20, 2013: NIH's Public Access Policy: Getting Involved & Getting Compliant with guest speaker Susan Steelman (presentation material)
- February 20, 2013: Information Petting Zoo: Consumer Health Resources About Animals with guest speaker Heather K. Moberly
- February 19, 2013: NN/LM SCR Funding Webinar
- January 16, 2013: Nutrition Information Resources (presentation material)
- December 12, 2012: ClinicalTrials.gov with guest speaker Rebecca J. Williams Recording Available Upon Request
- November 14, 2012: American Indian Health Information Resources (presentation material)
- September 19, 2012: Web Presence on a Shoestring (presentation material)
- August 15, 2012: Locating Health Statistics: It May be Easier than You Think! (presentation material)
- July 18, 2012: No More Yawning: Simple Presentation Tips to Engage Your Audience (presentation material)
- April 11, 2012: So Your Poster Got Accepted–Now What? with guest speaker Tracy Volz, PhD (presentation material)
- March 21, 2012: Spring is in the Air: Get Ready with Help from the NLM Disaster Information Management Research Center, with guest speaker Siobhan Champ-Blackwell (presentation material)
- February 15, 2012: MedlinePlus Connect with guest speaker Loren Frant (presentation material)
- January 18, 2012: PubMed News and Updates
- December 14, 2011: Unwrapping Mobile Technology Trends for the New Year (presentation material)
- November 16, 2011: Refugee Health (presentation material)
- September 21, 2011: Senior Moments: Health Information for Older Adults (presentation material)
- September 7, 2011: Special Webinar: Show Me the Money: NN/LM SCR Funding (presentation material)
- August 17, 2011: Increasing Response Rate with guest speaker Cindy Olney (presentation material)
- July 20, 2011: Questionnaire Design with guest speaker Susan Barnes (presentation material)
- June 22, 2011: Drug Information Portal