SCR CONNECTions: Regional Medical Library Updates
Join us at the NN/LM SCR's monthly webinar, SCR CONNECTions.
Browse the Archives
Typically held the 3rd Wednesday of every month.
10:30 am - 11:30 am CT (9:30 am - 10:30 am MT)
1 hour Medical Library Association Continuing Education available for most SCR CONNECTions webinars.
Upcoming Webinar Dates & Topics
- Wednesday, May 21, 2014
No SCR CONNECTions will be held.
NN/LM SCR staff will be returning from the Medical Library Association (MLA) Annual Meeting.
- Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Topic: To be determined
Speaker: To be determined
How to Log In
Go to https://webmeeting.nih.gov/scr/, on the log in screen, choose "Enter as a Guest" and type in your name.
Once logged into the room the system will prompt guest to connect to the audio. If this system does not work for you, a call-in number will be provided in the room.Dial in Number: 1 (888) 394.8197
Participant Code: 398338
All attendees will be muted prior to the presenter speaking.
Use *6 to mute or unmute your phone.
**Do Not Place Call on Hold**
Problems? Contact the Regional Medical Library (RML) office at 713-799-7880, or 800-338-7657 (AR, LA, NM, OK, TX only).
*Voice over IP (VoIP) for webinar use has been discontinued.
Test Your Connection
Run the Acrobat Connect Connection Test to ensure your configuration is compatible with the web meeting system. If you have problems completing the test or installing required software, please visit the Adobe Support website or call Adobe Connect Technical Support at 800-945-9120.
- April 16, 2014: Evidence Based Public Health (EBPH) (presentation material)
- March 19, 2014: Ways to Search and Interpret Studies with Results from ClinicalTrials.gov (presentation material)
- February 19, 2014: Off the Shelf: Free Classroom Resources from the National Library of Medicine (presentation material)
- January 15, 2014: Right on the Money: 2014 NN/LM SCR Funding Opportunities (presentation material)
- December 18, 2013: 3D Printing and Medical Libraries with gues speakers Patricia Anderson and Kimberley Barker Audio Recording Transcript (presentation material)
- November 20, 2013: PubMed Update with guest speaker Rebecca Brown
- September 18, 2013: Mobile Devices and Apps in Education with guest speak Rebecca K. Miller Recording Available Upon Request (presentation material)
- August 21, 2013: Video Creation: Tools and Tips (presentation material)
- July 17, 2013: PubMed Health and Systematic Reviews with guest speaker Hilda Bastain (presentation material)
- June 19, 2013: The Ambulance-Riding Librarian: How Embedded Informationists Help the Responder Community with guest speaker Kacy Allgood (presentation material)
- May 15, 2013: NLM Updates from MLA (presentation material)
- April 17, 2013: Once Upon a Time: Using Evaluation Findings to Tell Your Project’s Story with guest speaker Cindy Olney (presentation material)
- March 20, 2013: NIH's Public Access Policy: Getting Involved & Getting Compliant with guest speaker Susan Steelman (presentation material)
- February 20, 2013: Information Petting Zoo: Consumer Health Resources About Animals with guest speaker Heather K. Moberly
- February 19, 2013: NN/LM SCR Funding Webinar
- January 16, 2013: Nutrition Information Resources (presentation material)
- December 12, 2012: ClinicalTrials.gov with guest speaker Rebecca J. Williams Recording Available Upon Request Transcript
- November 14, 2012: American Indian Health Information Resources (presentation material)
- September 19, 2012: Web Presence on a Shoestring (presentation material)
- August 15, 2012: Locating Health Statistics: It May be Easier than You Think! (presentation material)
- July 18, 2012: No More Yawning: Simple Presentation Tips to Engage Your Audience (presentation material)
- April 11, 2012: So Your Poster Got Accepted–Now What? with guest speaker Tracy Volz, PhD (presentation material)
- March 21, 2012: Spring is in the Air: Get Ready with Help from the NLM Disaster Information Management Research Center, with guest speaker Siobhan Champ-Blackwell (presentation material)
- February 15, 2012: MedlinePlus Connect with guest speaker Loren Frant (presentation material)
- January 18, 2012: PubMed News and Updates
- December 14, 2011: Unwrapping Mobile Technology Trends for the New Year (presentation material)
- November 16, 2011: Refugee Health (presentation material)
- September 21, 2011: Senior Moments: Health Information for Older Adults (presentation material)
- September 7, 2011: Special Webinar: Show Me the Money: NN/LM SCR Funding (presentation material)
- August 17, 2011: Increasing Response Rate with guest speaker Cindy Olney (presentation material)
- July 20, 2011: Questionnaire Design with guest speaker Susan Barnes (presentation material)
- June 22, 2011: Drug Information Portal