Training & Educational Opportunities
All classes are free and open to anyone.
See our Calendar for dates, times, and locations of upcoming classes.
To request training complete our Request Training form.
|Topics on this page:|
These courses have been approved by the Medical Library Association (MLA) for Continuing Education (CE) Credit. Check the MLA Continuing Education Clearinghouse for more information. Courses marked with the icon are approved for MLA's Consumer Health Information Specialization Program.
Descriptions, in most cases, provided by the National Network of Libraries of Medicine:
- ABCs of DNA: Unraveling the Mystery of Genetics Information for Consumers
- American Indian Health Information Resources
- Beyond an Apple a Day: Providing Consumer Health Information at Your Library
- Can You Hear Me Now? How to Make a Podcast
- Caring for the Mind: Providing Mental Health Information at Your Library
- Food for Thought: Exploring Nutrition Information Resources
- From A(norexia) to Z(its): Providing Health Information to Teens
- From Beyond Our Borders: Providing Health Information to Refugee Populations
- From Problem to Prevention: Evidence-Based Public Health
- From Snake Oil to Penicillin: Evaluating Consumer Health Information on the Internet
- Geeks Bearing Gifts: Unwrapping New Technology Trends
- Getting Started with Information Outreach in Your Community
- Grants and Proposal Writing
- Healthy Aging at Your Library: Connecting Older Adults to Health Information
- Health Statistics on the Web: It's as Easy as ... 1, 2, 3!
- Keeping Up with NLM's PubMed
- Measuring Your Impact: Using Evaluation for Library Advocacy
- ¿No Comprende? Spanish Health Information Resources for English Speaking Librarians
- No More Yawning: Designing and Delivering Successful Presentations
- Prescription for Success: Consumer Health on the Web
- Promoting Health Literacy through Easy-to-Read Materials
- Public Health Information on the Web
- PubMed for Experts
- PubMed for the Rest of Us: Searching the Medical Literature for the Non-Expert
- Screencasting: Creating Online Tutorials
- Super Searcher: Enhancing Your Online Search Super Powers
- Tablets and e-Readers: Information at Your Fingertips
- That's a Wrap: Creating and Editing Video
- TOXNET: Toxicology & Environmental Information
- ToxWorld: Surveying the Landscape of NLM's Environmental Health Resources
- Will Duct Tape Cure My Warts? Examining Complementary and Alternative Medicine
New classes coming soon!
See the results of the Educational Needs Assessment Survey 2010