National Medical Librarians Month
The Medical Library Association (MLA) has declared October as National Medical Librarians Month (NMLM). The 2013 NMLM theme, “Saving You Time So You Can Save Lives,” helps to promote the fact that medical librarians’ knowledge of resources, search skills, and response time ensures that medical professionals receive the highest quality health information available. As part of this celebration, the NN/LM SCR is proud to highlight the following SCR funded projects and the librarians whose hard work made these programs successful.
- School Health Connection: A Health Information Needs Assessment of School Nurses in Tulsa County. Institution: The University of Oklahoma – Tulsa, Schusterman Library. Principal Investigator: April Schweikhard
- Opening New Doors: Cook Children’s Matustik Family Health Library. Institution: Cook Children’s Medical Center. Principal Investigator: Barbara Steffensen
- Vaccines, Epidemics and Ethics. Institution: The TMC Library. Principal Investigator: Kathryn Krause
- Promoting the Environmental Health Student Portal through School Science Teachers and Librarians. Institution: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center – Shreveport. Principal Investigator: David Duggar
- The YMCA of Northwest Louisiana Project. Institution: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center – Shreveport. Principal Investigators: Dixie Jones and Monte Dobbins.
To learn more about these projects, look at the NN/LM SCR Funded Projects web page.