Funding for TexShare Libraries to Go Mobile!
The Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) has announced second round funding opportunities for TexShare Libraries to Go Mobile. Intent forms are due by July 31, 2013.
Project Goal: To ensure that member libraries have a mobile presence useful to, and used by, their customers.
Purpose of Funding Program: TSLAC will support Texas libraries or library consortia interested in building or expanding their mobile presence through mobile accessible library catalogs, mobile accessible library web sites, and/or mobile apps. This can include design changes to existing site/catalogs or complete alternatives specifically made for the mobile environment.
TSLAC has assisted over 50 libraries enhance their mobile presence this year. Examples include:
• Mobile users can send research articles and other documents to library printers from their mobile devices.
• Students and faculty can view videoed lectures and presentations via the library’s mobile app
• Library users can access a mobile-friendly library catalog module
• Library users can access a mobile-friendly library website, including program calendar
• Library users can use QR codes printed in community publications to connect to library events or services.
• Library staff have access to mobile devices to test the new mobile technologies and to help patrons with them.
Funding available for FY2014 (September 2013 – September 2014)
TSLAC is offering subsidies ranging from $3,000 to $15,000 (depending upon library type and size). Intent forms are available at the program website.
Round 2 Timeline:
June 24, 2013: Library Intent forms available on TSLAC website. July 31, 2013: Last day to submit an Intent form. August 31, 2013: Last date to submit a Round 2 Project Summary Form. October 1, 2013: If project includes a subscription, latest start date for full 12-month funding. September 30, 2014: Projects completed; All items must be delivered; Subscription funding concludes Fall 2014: Project reports due.
Questions can be addressed to Beverley Shirley at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to 800-252-9386.