NN/LM SCR Activities at TLA
The NN/LM SCR office will be participating in a variety of activities at the upcoming Texas Library Association’s Annual Conference in Fort Worth, TX. We will be promoting many National Library of Medicine resources including: MedlinePlus, Genetics Home Reference, the Exhibition Program Resources and the Specialized Information Services’ K-12 Science and Health Education Resources.
In addition to exhibiting, NN/LM SCR staff will be conducting several workshops/presentations:
- Wednesday, April 24: 2:00 pm – 3:50 pm: Eye of the Storm: The Library’s Role in Disaster Preparedness
- Friday, April 26: 1:00 pm – 2:50 pm: PubMed for the Rest of Us: Searching the Medical Literature for the Non-Expert
- Friday, April 26: 3:00 pm – 4:50 pm: Caring for the Mind: Providing Mental Health Information at Your Library
- Saturday, April 27: 8:00 am – 9:50 am: Health Resources for Your Diverse Community
- Saturday, April 27: 10:00 am – 11:50 am: From A(norexia) to (Z)its: Providing Health Information to Teens and Young Adults