NN/LM SCR Celebrates Banned Books Week
The NN/LM SCR celebrates Banned Books Week http://www.bannedbooksweek.org/ with a display of medically themed banned books. Banned Books Week is an annual event celebrating the freedom to read. By focusing on efforts across the country to remove or restrict access to books, Banned Books Week draws national attention to the harms of censorship.
Some of the books included in the display are:
- My Mom’s Having a Baby, by Dori Hillestad Butler
- What’s Happening to My Body? Book for Boys: A Growing-up Guide for Parents & Sons, by Lynda Madaras and Dane Saavedra
- Writers’ Voice: Selected from Borrowed Time: An AIDS Memoir, by Paul Monette
- Deal with It! A Whole New Approach to Your Body, Brain, and Life as a gURL, by Esther Drill
- Go Ask Alice, by Anonymous
- It’s Perfectly Normal: A Book about Changing Bodies, Growing Up, Sex, and Sexual Health, by Robie H. Harris
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, by Ken Kesey
- Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret, by Judy Blume
These books are part of the Harris County Public Library collection in The Texas Medical Center Library.