Funding Opportunity: Electronic Consumer Health Outreach Award
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine, South Central Region (NN/LM SCR) is pleased to announce the following funding opportunity:
Electronic Consumer Health Outreach Award http://nnlm.gov/scr/funding/echo.html
This award will fund one (1) project of $25,000 for the purpose of ensuring that health professionals, their patients and the general public are connected to the health information resources they need to make informed health care decisions.
Examples of some possible elements of proposed projects are:
- Training groups of consumers to locate good sources of health information on the Internet; training health professionals to refer consumers to MedlinePlus and other good sources of consumer health information on the Internet;
- Enhancing access to MedlinePlus, ClinicalTrials.gov, and other consumer health information resources using the latest technology;
- Training staff of targeted organizations to search National Library of Medicine databases to identify, access, retrieve, evaluate, and use relevant print and electronic consumer health information resources and services;
- Training staff of targeted organizations to train others to provide consumer health information services and/or to find and evaluate consumer health information on the Internet;
- Other creative ideas for improving access to online health information are encouraged. (For past awards, see NN/LM SCR funded projects at: http://nnlm.gov/scr/funding/scrfunded.html#echo)
The complete RFP can be found at http://nnlm.gov/scr/funding/echo.pdf.
A Letter of Intent must be provided no later than February 17, 2012, and the application deadline is March 9, 2012.
Eligibility: Network members in the NN/LM SCR (Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas) are eligible to apply. Network membership is free and open to institutions interested in providing health information. To apply for membership: http://nnlm.gov/scr/services/member.html.
For more information about the Electronic Consumer Health Outreach Award, go to http://nnlm.gov/scr/funding/echo.html, or contact Karen Vargas at firstname.lastname@example.org , 713-799-7880, or 800-338-7657 (AR, LA, OK, NM, and TX only).